Ez.vg is a URL shortening service.
Why use it?
- Short, Custom URLs free for everyone. Shorter URLs than the popular services. Our current autogenerated URLs are just 16 characters long (including "http://ez.vg/"). By contrast, both bit.ly's and tiny.cc's URLs are 20 characters long.
- URLs can be swapped for the format www.ez.vg/i (as opposed to the usual http://ez.vg/i). This shortens the URL by an additional 3 characters.
- Case Sensitive URLs allow for more variation and shorter links. Custom URLs may contain unicode characters like http://ez.vg/¡??os???-si-si??/ and http://ez.vg/? and may be 1 or 2 characters added to the base path.
- Login with Twitter or create account and add Twitter account later. Post short URL directly to Twitter.
- Track click Statistics. (Free for Registered Users)
- QR Codes for Long and Short URL's (Free for Registered Users)
- Has an API service which allows 3rd party applications, like TweetDeck, to shorten URLs. Users can generate their own site or application API Key to give these services access without sharing their password information. (Free for Registered Users)
- The site is built on Open Source tools using Drupal and a module called ShURLy
- When you register you will be added to our mailing list from which you may freely unsubscribe and we will not share your information or spam you.
- I don't have a cool robot logo.
Ez.vg was created as a URL shortening service for the sole use of myself and as a convenience was opened to everyone who wishes to use it. It may only be used for actual URLs, and using it for spamming or illegal purposes is forbidden. Any inappropriate used will result in the URL being disabled and you may be reported to all ISPs involved and to the proper governmental agencies. This service is provided without warranty of any kind.